Sometimes you might encounter a Connection Error when trying to open a device.
Opening a device makes use of the WebSocket protocol. A successful and stable WebSocket connection is crucial for opening and working with devices.
Following is the screenshot of the error.
WebSocket connection might be affected by:
- Weak network connection
- Connecting through a corporate network
- Browser Add-ons
- Anti-Virus software
- Connecting through proxy
- ISP issues
Try the following in order to establish the cause:
- Connect to a different network.
- Contact your IT department to see if they can allow for wss (web socket secure).
- Disable Browser add-ons or try to login to the cloud in incognito/private browsing mode.
- Disable your Anti-Virus. Alternatively, refer to the Anti-Virus documentation to learn if it blocks WebSocket connections.
- If you are connected via a proxy, try to disable the proxy or connect directly.
- Contact your ISP to inquire about potential WebSocket blocking protocols.