The Device Cleanup process is intended to clean the private data of the previous user.
A Cloud Administrator can set up Device Cleanup for any project. A Project Administrator can setup Device Cleanup only for his own project. Device Cleanup is supported for Android 5.0 and above and all versions of iOS devices.
In order to use Device Cleanup, both SeeTest and Cloud versions must be 8.7 or above.
In order to use Clean Browser Cache, Cloud versions must be 8.9 or above.
As of Cloud version 11.6 all applications are closed during the cleanup stage.
Device Cleanup Startup
Device Cleanup is started in the following situations:
- Device reservation time expires.
- The device is released by Cloud Administrator/Project Administrator in Cloud Web Portal.
- Device Cleanup process is started manually in devices page in Cloud Web Portal by Cloud Administrator.
In all these cases, Device Cleanup only happens when the feature is enabled.
Device Cleanup Process
During the device cleanup process, the status of the device changes to 'Cleanup' and is not be available for reservation. When device cleanup process finishes, device status becomes 'Available' again.
Close Applications After Cleanup
By default, after a cleanup has finished, all running applications are closed.
To change this for a project, in the project click Manage → Device Policies → Cleanup, then enable 'Close all running applicaitons during cleanup'.
Device Cleanup Failure
If the device cleanup fails, device status changes to 'Cleanup Failed'. In this case, a Cloud Administrator needs to clean up the device manually and then click Finish Cleanup.
Device cleanup may fail if the device was disconnected during the cleanup process.
Configure a Device Cleanup For a Project
- In the Cloud Web Portal click Settings → Projects.
- Select a project and click Manage.
- In the Device Policies tab, choose how the devices should be cleaned.
|Enable release without cleanup||Release the device without cleanup.||Disabled|
|Close Applications After Cleanup||Close all applications when cleanup is finished.||Enabled|
|Clear Device Logs||Clean up all logs on the device as the final step. This is applicable to Android only.||Disabled|
|Web Cleanup||Clear the browser cache and history. This is applicable to Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS.||Disabled|
This cleanup is done by Grid, the Grid runs the cleanup with the user: cloud device cleaner.
This user's password is created and maintained by the cloud server.
Reset to Default Language and Region
A Cloud Administrator can configure the default language and region for iOS devices so that when the device turns to clean up mode, it returns to the default language and region.
When performing cleanup without Web Cleanup, if the device has a default region and language, these are used. Otherwise, the current region and language are used.
When performing clean with Web Cleanup, the process first sets the language to English. After the cleanup, if the device has a default language, it is set to that language. Otherwise, the device is left in English.
iOS Configuration Profile
A Cloud Administrator can upload iOS Configuration Profiles and assign them to iOS devices so that during cleanup assigned configuration profiles are applied to iOS devices.
You can blacklist applications so that they are automatically deleted during device cleanup. Blacklist applications can be added, edited or removed. Each Blacklist applications relates to a single project. A Cloud Administrator can add blacklist application for any project. A Project Administrator can add blacklist applications for their own project only.
To add an application to be deleted:
- Make sure Application Cleanup is enabled.
- Expand the Application Cleanup section.
- Click Add Blacklist Application.
- Click "empty", then enter the application name. When a wildcard is specified, the system uninstalls all applications that match the wildcard. For example, *Bank* means to uninstall all applications whose package name or bundle ID contains "Bank".
- Choose the OS Type.
To delete an application from the blacklist, click the delete icon.
To save the changes, click Save.
- If you reserve a device that belongs to the default project, the cleanup that was configured to 'Default' runs on the device after releasing it.
- If you reserve a device that does not belong to default project, no clean up runs on the device after releasing it.
- If you reserve a device that belongs to more than one project, no clean up runs on the device after releasing it.
Remove Passcode on iOS Devices
The passcode is only removed if it was set by the Mobile Studio Device Passcode utility and Automation commands. In that case, the passcode is removed when the device is released. For more information, see Mobile Studio - Device Passcode.