Test Editor Recorder (BETA)
Use the Test Editor Recorder in order to build tests seamlessly. All you need is to open a device in the Mobile Studio and then interact with the device in order to record your gestures. The recorded gestures will be translated into steps in the Test Editor and can be export as code to your IDE.
Using the recorder:
Saves time by eliminating the need to manually add individual steps in the Test Editor
Simplifies test creation and eliminates more technical steps when creating and executing tests.
Improves collaboration by exporting and sharing tests to add to regression projects.
Digital.ai Continuous Testing introduces the new dai-ct cli utility. This capability has been built with the goal of simplifying test execution when running Espresso, XCUITest, Cypress and Playwright tests. The Execution CLI allows tests to be executed from the end user’s terminal, it displays execution status in real-time and gives users the URL to the reporter as soon as the execution is completed.
Support iPhone Plus
Digital.ai Continuous Testing supports the newly released iPhone 14 Plus.
We were supporting the other iPhone 14 models already since 22.9 version.
Expand your test coverage by adding these latest devices on your cloud and testing on them.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
|Official||15.7.1 , 16.1||12, 13||107||106||107||15.6.1|
|Beta||16.2 Beta (iPhoneOS)|
16.2 Beta (iPadOS)
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
5.1 and above
12.3.x and above
Notes and Known Issues
- Limitations on Android 12 and 13 devices are mentioned here.
- Due to the latest limitations, it is suggested to remove the passcode on iOS 15.x and 16.x devices in the cloud. Read the complete iOS limitations here.
- Since Appium Client 8 is not supported in Appium Grid due to technical limitations, please use Appium OSS.
- Chrome 96 version is supported only in macOS BigSur and later.
Additional New Features
XCUITest/Espresso - Added a new CloudTestApp parameter to support apps from file repository
XCUITest/Espresso - Added new CloudApp parameter to support apps from cloud
Automation Page - Quickstart code is now compatible with AppiumOSS projects.
Important Notes and Known Issues
- As of version 22.9 PostgreSQL 14.2 / 13.6/ 12.10 for both cloud and reporter will be the only supported versions.
- Starting from this version (22.10) our components will be supported in Java 17.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Mobile Studio - Add skins for iPhone 14 Pro Max devices - Done
- Mobile Studio: Floating menu floats over end session dialog - FIXED
- Mobile studio - Restricted Applications - No indication to user when application is killed - FIXED
- Android - REST API - Install cert command failed on certain device models - FIXED
- iOS - Instrumentation improvements for apps with watchKit framework - DONE
- Grid - Error messages has been improved for setNetworkConnection command - DONE
- Android 12/13 - Battery monitoring failures - FIXED.
- Grid - Chrome cache invalidation causes web test failures - FIXED
- Android - Cleanup will now delete files from downloads folder on all Samsung models - DONE
- iOS - Application cleanup will include to uninstall apps that are not in HomeScreen
- Espresso - clearPackageData argument improvement for Jetpack Compose App - DONE
- Regression - iOS - Instrumented Application with Image scanning related libraries is crashing post 22.8 upgrade - FIXED
- Cloud - Quickstart - display osName instead of platformName capability - DONE
- SeleniumAgent - Unable to launch browsers on Windows Selenium agents after OS upgrade - FIXED
- iOS - OSS test improvements upon startup when the devices has pop-ups on the screen - DONE
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.11.2022 (or prior)
- Starting last version (22.9) Application install from the path on grid sessions was deprecated. Instead, you can upload the application to the cloud using API and install the app that exists in the cloud.
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Digital.ai Continuous Testing on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
- No labels