Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 15.3.1, iOS 15.4 Beta 5 & RC
- iOS 15.4
- Android 12*
Chrome: 98 (99 beta)
- Firefox: 97 (98 Beta)
- Edge: 98 (99 Beta)
- Safari: 15.3
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
- iOS 15
Notes and Known Issues
- Limitations on Android 12 device is mentioned here.
- Since Appium Client 8 is not supported in Appium Grid due to technical limitations, please use Appium OSS.
Due to JetBrains security requirements, our IntelliJ Plugin now only supports versions 2020.1.4 and above.
- Chrome 96 version is supported only in macOS BigSur and later.
- Pressing Power button and performing a swipe from Grid while the screen is turned off causes issues on iOS 15.1.1 / 15.2.1 / 15.3 and continues to display a black screen instead of actual device reflection. A physical reboot of the device is needed if the device enters that state.
- Scanning of QR Code is not supported in iOS 15.4 and iOS 15.4 Beta devices.
Additional New Features
BrowserStudio - Manual sessions will include the OS name at the title tag of browser tab
Cypress - Added new API to get container logs of an execution
Important Notes and Known Issues
- With 21.11 version, we no longer support the deployment of Device Host Machine on Windows OS
- We now support macOS Monterey for DHMs , EHMs and Selenium Agents.
- Starting 22.2, SeleniumAgent will be using Open JDK instead of Oracle JDK
- If you want to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- Since 21.7, all cloud components are using Java JRE OpenJDK instead of Oracle JRE, the JRE will be installed automatically as part of installation/upgrade process.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Cloud - Issues in running Protractor tests - FIXED
- iOS - App Install issues on iOS 15 - FIXED
- iOS - SimulateCapture improvements to avoid app crashes - FIXED
- iOS - Swipe up now works on home screen of iOS 15.1 devices - FIXED
- iOS - Improvements to fetch web dumps after multiple swipes - FIXED
- SeleniumAgent - Improvements on manual report recorder
- Reports - Improvements on Selenium test reports with Action class
- Reports - Improvements on Espresso test reports with Scenario Outline
- Mobile Studio - Test Editor - Validate empty XPath value
- Mobile Studio - Test Editor - indication for executed steps
- Mobile Studio - manual report - 'reset all steps' does not reset the video - FIXED
- Mobile Studio - Implement connectivity alert new design
- Appium OSS - Android - setLocation command doesn't work - FIXED
- Appuim client 8 - Support remote region feature - FIXED
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 07.04.2022 (or prior)
- Starting with this version(22.2), we are not supporting Internet Explorer (IE) for desktop browser testing (both manual and Grid).
- The Mobile Studio is moving to a new UI on version(22.3)
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Digital.ai Continuous Testing on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
- No labels