Android 13 Developer Preview Support
Digital.ai Continuous Testing now supports Android 13 Developer Previews (1&2).
Increase your app's testing scope now by updating the supported devices to Android 13 DP.
See Android 13 limitations here.
Support for iPhone SE 3 and iPad Air (5th Gen)
Digital.ai Continuous Testing supports the newly launched iPad Air (5th Gen) and iPhone SE3 models.
Mobile Studio new design
The new design is accommodating to different screen sizes, with a better layout, and exciting new features like the Test Editor.
Browser Support for Windows 11
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 15.4.1
- iOS 15.5 Beta
- Android 12* & 13*
Chrome: 100 (101 beta)
- Firefox: 98 (99 Beta)
- Edge: 99 (100 Beta)
- Safari: 15.3
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
- iOS 15
Notes and Known Issues
- Limitation on Android 12 and 13 device is mentioned here.
- Since Appium Client 8 is not supported in Appium Grid due to technical limitations, please use Appium OSS.
- Chrome 96 version is supported only in macOS BigSur and later.
- Pressing Power button and performing a swipe from Grid while the screen is turned off causes issues on iOS 15.1.1 / 15.2.1 / 15.3 and continues to display a black screen instead of actual device reflection. A physical reboot of the device is needed if the device enters that state.
- Scanning of QR Code is not supported in iOS 15.4.1 and iOS 15.4 Beta devices.
Additional New Features
Automation Page - Added a sample script for Selenium4
Selenium Grid - Enable osName capability to work on all frameworks
Important Notes and Known Issues
- Due to permission changes in android, cloud with AppiumOSS configured will push the images again. Detailed steps are here.
- With 21.11 version, we no longer support the deployment of Device Host Machine on Windows OS
- We now support macOS Monterey for DHMs , EHMs and Selenium Agents.
- Starting 22.2, SeleniumAgent will be using Open JDK instead of Oracle JDK
- If you want to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- Since 21.7, all cloud components are using Java JRE OpenJDK instead of Oracle JRE, the JRE will be installed automatically as part of installation/upgrade process.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Regression - Cloud - SSO Users are getting 'password about to expire' notification
- Cloud - LDAP - Can't configure project for new users
- Mobile studio - Appium Grid - Web dump - object spy doesn't present dump from hybrid applications
- Regression - Cloud - Unable to reset a password
- Regression - Browser & Emulators page - iOS simulator - unable to open iPads
- SeleniumAgent on Mac - Change number of created users to 4
- iOS - Simulators - Failing To Get Instrumented Dump - FIXED
- Android - Unable to scroll on customer application - FIXED
- iOS - Object Identification Improvements on native applications.
- SeeTestAutomation - Logs were not collected properly - FIXED
- iOS - Installation improvements for apps with plugins.
- Cloud - RDB - close device session with KeepDevice removes rdb token - FIXED
- AppiumOSS - iOS - SimulateCapture - App crash after successful image injection - FIXED
- Mobile Studio - manual report - 'reset all steps' does not reset the video - FIXED
- Cloud - Multi Region - Tests on Master Region do not return server error msgs - FIXED
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 04.05.2022 (or prior)
- Web Studio old UI will be available until June 2022 (v. 22.5).
- Starting version 22.2, we are not supporting Internet Explorer (IE) for desktop browser testing (both manual and Grid).
- Selenium agent for macOS officially supports the last 3 major OS versions. Hence, Selenium agent will not be supported in macOS Mojave starting from version 22.5.
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Digital.ai Continuous Testing on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
- No labels