- Created by May Azulay, last modified by Marc Dver on Jun 04, 2023
Screenshots From Secured Activities in Android 12 and Above
From Android 12, most screenshot and screen mirroring applications are blocked when there is a secured activity running in the foreground of the Android device. This results in seeing a black screen.
Digital.ai Continuous Testing Cloud now overcomes this by introducing an advanced feature that allows you to see the application's snapshot of elements arranged by cloud while giving you the ability to interact with those elements.
This is an example screenshot generated by the cloud when attempting to set passcode on Android devices when the property is not added vs. added.
Read more about this feature.
Additional New Features
- Device Passcode in Automation
You can now use SetPasscode and ClearPasscode commands during automation for setting and clearing passcodes on devices
- Getting Network Connection information in Appium Server
You can now use the getNetworkConnection command in your Appium Server Scripts.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Mobile Studio - Test Editor - Activate Command
The Activate command is now available for use in Grid projects via the Test Editor.
- Mobile Studio - Test Editor - Export Code in C#
Now you can build a test using the Test Editor and export the code to C#.
- Mobile Studio - Skin for Samsung S21 FE 5G Supported
The skin for Samsung S21 FE 5G is now available.
- Cloud - DHM's Memory Improvement
By addressing that problem, Mac Mini will no longer experience slowness, and socket connection errors will cease to occur.
- Cloud - Device Status Bug Fixes
We fixed the issue with devices status and cloud devices will now show statuses accurately.
- Cloud - Added Device Group Column to Devices Page
- iOS - App Installation Improvements
We refactored the code around instrumentation that improves the app upload to cloud and installation.
- Performance Transactions
We've fixed bugs in the performance transaction report causing missing data and HAR file corruption
- Selenium Window Resize and shift-left clicks in Monterey and Ventura
You can now properly resize the window when browser testing in Monterey and Ventura. Clicking no longer shifts to the left.
- Reporter - Show Device Name
You can now see the name and UDID of the device under test in the Reporter header.
- Playwright Testing
You can now run Playwright tests with a custom reporter
- macOS Ventura 13.3 and 13.3.1
We fixed the bug found in above versions when running DHM / EHM services. You can now use macOS Ventura 13.3 and 13.3.1 for DHM/EHM.
DHM and Selenium Agent for macOS officially support the last 3 major OS versions. Because of this, DHM and Selenium Agent are not supported in macOS Catalina as of version 23.3.
Notes and Known Issues
- Limitations on Android 12 - 14 devices are mentioned here.
- We recommend removing the passcode on iOS 15.x and 16.x devices to avoid devices going into an error state. Read the complete iOS limitations here.
- Due to technical limitations, Appium Client 8 is not supported in Appium Grid. Instead, use Appium Server.
- Network data in Performance Transactions appears in bytes instead of KB, as displayed.
Cloud Management and On-Premise Deployment
This section is only relevant for Cloud Administrators.
To access the Cloud Management documentation, you need to log in.
Download installers for on-prem deployments can be found here.
If you do not have credentials, contact email@example.com.
Important Notes and Known Issues
Removal old Appium client version from cloud repository. Versions 4,5,6 were removed, only version 7 is presented.
Audio features are no longer be supported by the old hardware and are only supported through the new Bluetooth hardware.
For Cloud Administrators of environments with no internet access, see the new Chromedriver configuration documentation.
M2 machines are now supported for part of the cloud services. See the system requirements to learn more.
DHM supports MacOS Ventura. See the updated system requirements here.
All cloud components support Java 17.
Cloud Server and Reporter only support PostgreSQL versions 14.2, 13.6, and 12.10.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
|Official||12.3.x — 15.7.6, |
16.x — 16.5 GA
|5.1 — 13||113||113||113||16.4|
|Beta||16.6 beta||14 beta 2||114||114||114|
Limitations on Android 12-14 devices are mentioned here.
Read more about browser testing limitations.
Due date*: 14.06.2023 (or prior)
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Digital.ai Continuous Testing on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
- No labels