CONTACT US to learn how easy it is to migrate to an
Experitest Hosted Digital Assurance Lab
Mobile test automation: Appium SeeTest Extension
This extension allows you to use special commands in standard Appium tests. These commands include actions that cannot be performed in Appium such as simulate capture, mock authentication, capture network data and more.
Mobile test automation: new automation commands
These new commands can be used in your test to speed up test execution and cover more use cases.
- Clear app data (iOS) - reset application data at the beginning of a test (ApplicationClearData)
- Get application info - obtaining application information and use in test flow. For example: check application version and skip installation if it the required version. (getApplicationInfo)
- Get location (Android)- Receive the defined device location of the device. Useful for testing location-based services. (GetLocation)
Reporting & analytics: additional data and more analytics options
TestNG and JUnit client-side failures data - now consolidated into SeeTest Reporter. Availability of Debug and failure data improves the ability to identify failure cause. Supported
The number of tag fields available in SeeTest Reporter is now 1,000. Assigning more tag fields to tests enables intelligent analytics that drive decision making and faster resolution.
Finally, by popular demand, the default report ordering in the reports tab has been changed to latest reports first.
Cross browser testing: streamlined automation
- View live session - from grid execution, click open to see the test being executed.
- Pop-up handling - pop up messages in selenium tests are closed automatically to avoid test failures.
|1||Download cloud events to file||Cloud Admin is now able to download the list of cloud events into csv file. This is possible via the Cloud Events page in the cloud webUI.|
|2||Limit each license type usage for each project||By default there will be no limit per each project. Cloud admin is able to limit some or all license types for a specific project. Read more about it in the documentation.|
|3||Cloud Application will not sign iOS Ad-hock application if not needed|
|5||Browsers usage report||Cloud Admin can now generate desktop browsers usage reports. This report includes date and time of usage, user name and project, browser name, and version etc, for more information: Cloud Usage Report|
|6||IntelliJ Plugin - Support WebStorm and RubyMine||Allow to build and debug your mobile test from the RubyMine and WebSorm IDE's|
|7||Appium Driver - Generic way to use setProperty capabilities|
Now, you can use additional session capabilities similar to setProperty() command, for more info: Additional Server Capabilities
|8||Add Tooltips on long fields in Reporter|
|9||Selenium Agent new browser version support|
Chrome 69, 70
Known issues and bug fixes
iOS 12.2 beta will be supported it in the next version (12.3)
|1||ExperiJ - Plugin installation does not work for latest Idea 2018.3.2||Support the latest release for IntelliJ IDE|
|2||iOS - client.deviceAction("Enter") is not supported in iOS devices|
Fixed for iOS 11 and above
|3||Fix of a few Cloud Server security vulnerabilities|
Additional Information for On-premise Deployments
- Major architecture changes will help improve stability and performance. These are also an initial step to a move to a microservices architecture. The architectural change introduces 2 new services: file storage and application signer.
- Both services are located in the same machine as the cloud server and are automatically installed.
- For more information:
Notes & known issues
- Cloud Upgrade-
- There should be enough disk space on the cloud server for a copy of all the applications
- Multi port cloud with remote DHMs- should open another port for the file-storage service
- Cloud 12.2 clean install - Must check all cloud services during installation so that the cloud will work properly
- Cloud Server with self-signed certificate - Be aware that there's a behavior change in 12.2 - When headless_trust_store is missing from Agent\conf folder, the DHM will be in Error status. Read more about this in the documentation.
New Features & Bug Fixes
|1||Feature||Cloud install the latest Cambrionix Api version in any cloud DHM upgrade|
|2||Feature||Cloud Devices - Monitor Cyder on iOS devices and revive it when it disconnects|
Verifies that Cyder is always up and running on cloud's iOS devices, so the cloud will always have immediate control over the devices.
Specifically, it will improve the stability of unlocking iOS devices using PIN code.