UX Performance: API to download HAR File
Ability to download the HAR file with REST API. This ability only existed in offline mode for either manual or automated tests. Now users who run automated tests can automatically download the HAR file to be used with external processes, for example, as part of the CI/CD pipeline or with 3rd party systems, without the need to manually access the transaction report.
Retry for failed Test in XCUITest & Espresso
To increase execution reliability, users will be able to rerun failed tests of XCUITest and Espresso.
All users need to do is send the retry parameter during the execution and if a failure occurs it will automatically do a retry. This substantially reduces false alarms and flaky tests, creating a much more reliable and stable testing execution environment.
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.3.1, 12.4.5
- iPadOS 13.3.1, 12.4.5
- Android 10
- Firefox: 72 (73 beta)
- Edge: 79
Additional New Features
Appium OSS - Support developing tests from Appium desktop against cloud devices
Appium OSS - Support launchWithOptions
Appium OSS - Non-existent appiumVersion will return the available Appium versions
Appium OSS - Support setAuthenticationReply
Appium OSS - Support uniqueName
Appium OSS - Enabling 'reportDisable' capability
Appium OSS - Support installOnlyForUpdate capability
iOS - Enable the client to retrieve device screen properties
Cloud - Devices Page - Device screen resolution is available to the user in the devices page
SeeTestAutomation/AppiumStudioEnterprise - Support Multi-Region clouds
Web Studios - Add new device's frame for Android models
Video Report - Synchronize steps with video in selenium based tests
Video Report - Attach stack trace to failed steps information
Report - Capability to select video report or HTML report in Selenium-based tests
Cloud Execution - Release devices that left open in "debug" mode
REST API - Devices- Get Devices API will show the device's tags
Selenium Agent - Installation- Easier installation flow
Notes and Known Issues
- Please see the updated System Requirements
- We are now supporting to connect up to 15 devices to a single mac DHM
Cloud Deployment - Stopping the support for macOS - from 12.12 we will not continue to support the deployment on macOS for the following components:
Region Proxy Manger
We will continue to support Device Host Machine and Selenium Agent on macOS and Windows operating systems
Cloud Deployment on Linux - From 20.1 version we are starting to support deployment on Linux for On-premise environmentThe supported components on Linux are:
Region Proxy Manger
Limit the time user can extend his reservation - Now, cloud admin can better control the maximum time that user can use the device in the Mobile Web Studio, for more information please see Device Reservations Management
- Project Management - Add Resources tab for the 'Default' project to set project configurations related to license and usage
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- iOS - getPickerValues doesn't return values - Fixed
- Android - Elements on the hybrid app are having an offset - Chromium 76 - Fixed
- Rest API (security) - Disable Trace method for internal communication between cloud component - Fixed
- Audio Deployment - setup script was not working properly due to permissions issue - Fixed
- Cloud Server Installation - Failed to install Cloud Server on a machine with more than 25 logical cores - Fixed
- Devices Page Performance - Devices page with more than 400 devices was very slow - Fixed
- My Accounts Page - Restrict Users and Project Administrators from changing their Email address from their 'My Account' page, cloud admin and project administrator can still change the user email from the Users page.
- Rest API Get License Info - Was not able to authenticate with the cloud admin access key - Fixed
- Audit Log - Added source IP info to the audit log
- Webdriver.io - Selenium script fails to execute in W3C protocol - Fixed
- Device stuck in cleanup state - Fixed
- Passed tests with "setReportStatus", have cause tag - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - When AutoIt script fails, the process stays alive - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Mac - Some files on temp folder are not deleted - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Safari failed tests don't have "cause" tag - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - getFile() command does not appear in report - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcement
- Due date*: 29.2.2020 or prior to
- Highlights*: Object Spy for failed steps in video report (Appium Grid), Sending test data to Elastic (alpha version)
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI / web interface of SeeTest platform will longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
- Whitepaper - UX Performance Whitepaper - to download the whitepaper click here.
- Webinar - AI for QA Demystified: The Landscape for AI for QA Organizations - Guy Arieli, CTO and Nava Levy, Tech Evangelist / VP Marketing - to view the recording click here.
- December Customer Update Webinar with Guy Arieli, Experitest CTO, to view the recording click here.
- No labels