Remote Debugging - Command Line Tool
Our Remote Debugging tool is now available as a stand-alone command-line tool that does not require admin privileges*.
To start using the tool please reach out to our support team.
*For Windows machines only
Appium Projects - Develop Tests on Hybrid and Web Mobile Applications
Develop tests on Hybrid and Web mobile applications directly from our Web Studios.
Visit the documentation for more information.
Record HAR content
You can now record the HAR content (in addition to the header and durations) as part of your performance testing. You can ask for any MIME type according to what is specified in our documentation.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 14.3
- Android 11
- Firefox: 83 (84 beta)
- Edge: 86 (87 beta)
- Safari: 13.1.1
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 11.4.1
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
Important Note for iOS
As Apple continuously provides bug fixes for minor versions and according to market share data, it is recommended to update to the latest version of iOS for each major release.
For example, for iOS 13, we recommend updating devices with the older iOS 13.x to the newer iOS 13.7.
Additional New Features
Devices Page - Ability to add/remove device tags from the UI (supported for Project Admin and Cloud Admin roles),
please see: Device Actions and Configurations
iOS - Resource Monitoring - Support iOS 14 devices
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Selenium Agents on mac OS must be restarted after upgrading to 20.9.
- Starting version 20.8, old Edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provisioning Profile Rest API - With the new Rest API, the automation leader can automate his profiles management and remove another manual step from his continuous testing cycle, please see Provisioning Profiles Rest API
- New Design for Users Page - Move the user's page to our new design in order to assist Cloud Admins and Project Admins better manage their users
please see Users Management
- Reservation Usage Reports – Add 'Release Reason' Information - Now, the Cloud admin can know the reason why a reservation was ended and assists him with user complaints regards reservations loss. please see Cloud Usage Report
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Network Tunneling Client - Perform notarization for the macOS client
- User Authentication - failure login attempts from the SeeTest login page can lock an SSO user - Fixed
- License Usage Report - Missing device information when the user using STAW for debug - Fixed
- Device Availability - Device failed to open even though its status is 'Available' - Fixed
- Configuration Profiles - Unable to upload signed profile - Fixed
- Random disconnections in environments with an internal proxy - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Machine's user password appears in files - Fixed
- Grid - Timeout is not enough for grid initialization - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Firefox browser goes black after 15 minutes in manual sessions - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.11.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.10 (October 2020), we will support iOS 11.4.1 and above.
- Remote Debugging as a service for Windows end of life - With the release of the Remote debugging CLI tool that does not require admin privileges we would like to deprecate the old remote debugging tool that works as a service and requires admin privileges. If you have any objections, please reach out to the support team - we would love to hear from you!
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "Create the Perfect App: Continuously Integrate, Test and Deliver" - to watch the recording click here
- Digital.ai On-Demand Webinar "Demystify the DevOPs Landscape" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "Build Better Parallel Testing with Multithreaded Execution" - read here
- No labels