Appium Support - Versions 1.18.3, 1.19.0, 1.19.1, 1.20.0, 1.20.1 and 1.20.2
For Appium projects, we now support the latest versions of Appium server
Please notice - we have removed our support for old Appium server which does not support iOS 14 and latest iOS 13 minor versions.
Oldest Appium Server version supported is 1.17.0-p0
Remote Debugging - New Client
We simplified the remote debugging tool connection flow to improve the user experience by defaulting the new command line tool!
Please notice - we will deprecate the old remote debugging tool by lab (Cloud) version 21.2 (expected to be released at the end of February 2021).
Remote Debugging clients from version 20.11 or older will not be able to connect to the lab.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 14.4
- Android 11
Chrome: 87 (Stable on Windows machines and 87 beta on Mac machines)
- Firefox: 84 (85 beta)
- Edge: 87 (88 beta)
- Safari: 13.1.1
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 11.4.1
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
Important Note for iOS
As Apple continuously provides bug fixes for minor versions and according to market share data, it is recommended to update to the latest version of iOS for each major release.
For example, for iOS 13, we recommend updating devices with the older iOS 13.x to the newer iOS 13.7.
Additional New Features
Web Studios - Downloaded device logs has been increased to 10,000 lines
Espresso/XCUItest - Using applications from a remote URL
Espresso/XCUITest - Rest API - runTestFile to execute only specific tests
Reporter - New design for the Reporter's dashboard
Selenium Agent - RDP status will appear in "collect support data" information
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Selenium Agents on mac OS must be restarted after upgrading to 20.9.
- Starting with version 20.8, old Edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
To ensure support for all encryption algorithms, you can enable Java Cryptography Extension (JCE). To enable it, you can set the following parameter in java.security file on SeeTest client user's machine:
This may assist in cases of javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException.
For more information - https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/8u152-relnotes.html.
- Provisioning Profile Rest API - With the new Rest API, the automation leader can automate their profiles management and remove another manual step from his continuous testing cycle, please see Provisioning Profiles Rest API
- New Design for Users Page - Move the user's page to our new design in order to assist Cloud Admins and Project Admins better manage their users.
Please see Users Management
- Reservation Usage Reports – Add 'Release Reason' Information - Now, the Cloud admin can know the reason why a reservation was ended and assists him with user complaints regards reservations loss. please see Cloud Usage Report
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Appium grid - Support commands that run for more than 5 mins
- Reporter - Test View Page - Filters not applying to the bottom grid containing all tests - Fixed
- Grid - 'Execution' tab - UI Issue in case of long test names - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 28.01.2021 or prior to
- Starting version 20.10 (October 2020), we will support iOS 11.4.1 and above.
- Remote Debugging as a service for Windows end of life - With the release of the Remote debugging CLI tool that does not require admin privileges we would like to deprecate the old remote debugging tool that works as a service and requires admin privileges. If you have any objections, please reach out to the support team - we would love to hear from you!
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "Create the Perfect App: Continuously Integrate, Test and Deliver" - to watch the recording click here
- Digital.ai On-Demand Webinar "Demystify the DevOPs Landscape" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "Build Better Parallel Testing with Multithreaded Execution" - read here
- No labels