Object-Spy in Video Report for Failed Tests
From now we are storing in Reporter the Object-Spy data that was captured during the test execution of Appium Grid. This data is now conveniently available from one location which is the Video Report. Today users don't need to re-execute the test and debug it in Automation, just in order to see the application state during the test. Instead, they can debug it directly from Video Report, which contains in addition to video, also the steps, the device info, device log and all relevant info needed to debug in one location. This will reduce the investigation time, and will make video report much more informative and debugging more efficient.
Beta Versions Support for Chrome and Edge Browsers
Starting 20.2, we have added support for Chrome and Edge beta versions in Selenium Agent. The file supporting the functionality is automatically created. The admins can now add it to the selenium agent's browsers list so that users can use it, by using "latest" as a value for "BrowserVersion" capability.
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.3.1, 12.4.5
- iPadOS 13.3.1, 12.4.5
- Android 10
Chrome: 80 (81 beta)
- Firefox: 73 (74 beta)
- Edge: 80 (81 beta)
- Safari: 13
Additional New Features
Appium OSS - Support Version 1.16.0 (iOS Only)
Documentation - Improved documentation for webdriver.io integration
Selenium Agent - maximize window size for "quick start" tests
Client Configurations - XML-RPC timeout configuration abilities for SeeTest client
Selenium Agent - Improve manual session's dialog bar location
Reporter - Elasticsearch integration as first step towards executive dashboard (Alpha* Version)
Devices Page - New design for the device info panel
Login/Logout Pages - UI/UX improvement for the Login/Logout pages
*Alpha version: The feature is not complete and there are still bug fixes to do
Notes and Known Issues
- Remote Debugging - Windows - Due to problems with the installer, please use the installer of 12.12, we will release a patch, as soon as it is available
- Please see the updated System Requirements
- We are now supporting to connect up to 15 devices to a single mac DHM
Cloud Deployment - Stopping the support for macOS - from 12.12 we will not continue to support the deployment on macOS for the following components:
Region Proxy Manger
We will continue to support Device Host Machine and Selenium Agent on macOS and Windows operating systems
Cloud Deployment on Linux - From 20.1 version we are starting to support deployment on Linux for On-premise environmentThe supported components on Linux are:
Region Proxy Manger
Cloud Admin - Allow to edit the password recovery email template - Email Templates
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- iOS - Non-Instrumented web applications with large dump would crash - fixed
- Web Studios - XML dump hierarchy is not displayed for some apps - Fixed
- Chromebook and Tablet - Element offset issue with Chromium 76 - Fixed
- Grid - Parsing error when converting attribute from JS to XML - Fixed
- STMW - Android - Unable to swipe due to time synchronization - Fixed
- Appium Grid- runAppInBackGround(Duration) method gives Null Pointer Exception - Fixed
- Web Studios - Reflection of some devices can be seen only when frame is removed - Fixed
- STA - iOS - Non-instrumented dump not aligned on iOS 13 and above - Fixed
- Network tunnel gets disconnected on certain browsers intermittently - Fixed
- Cloud - Too many NV Statistics Threads are running in DHM - Fixed
- Stability - Selenium Agent - many FF tests got to timeout - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Video Report - When maximizing window during a test, half of the video is a "black screen" - Fixed
- Devices Polices Page - Improved UI performance for cloud with many projects
- Device Cleanup - Improved stability for android devices
- Applications Page - Sync Applications Time Out Exception - Fixed
- Emulators Page - Page loading is slow - Fixed
- Device Reservations page - Not able to sort device reservations columns - Fixed
- Selenium Agent installer - Improved the installation flow for Selenium Agent on macOS Catalina
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 31.3.2020 or prior to
- Highlights*: IntelliJ plugin in availability in plugins.jetbrains.com, Webdriver.io CLI integration (phase 1).
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI / web interface of SeeTest platform will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- Co-Webinar - The 3 Essential Components for a Complete CI/CD Pipeline: Functional, Performance and Visual Testing - Guy Arieli, CTO Experitest and Eran Barlev from Applitools - to view the recording click here.
- Webinar - How to build the ROI / Business Case for Test Automation - Nava Levy, Tech Evangelist / VP Marketing, Experitest - to view the recording click here.
- Whitepaper - How to integrate UX Performance into Your Continuous Testing Pipeline - to download the whitepaper click here.
- Q1'2020 Customer Update Webinar with Guy Arieli, Experitest CTO is scheduled for March 31st, stay tuned for more details.
- No labels