The SeeTest Lab now fully supports the development of Appium scripts with the new Appium Projects!
Appium Projects allows its users to develop and execute Appium scripts using an Appium server infrastructure.
When you set your project to be an Appium project, you will develop and execute with full Appium compliance using SeeTest Automation - Web interface.
Appium Server 1.16.0-p2 and 1.17.0-p0 Support
SeeTest Automation - Web interface fully supports Appium Server versions 1.16.0-p2 and 1.17.0-p0 for both execution and development.
Application Page New Design
We improved our design for the application page, with the new page you can search and filter more easily
We also improved the page performance to support thousands of apps.
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.4.5 (GA), 13.5 Beta 3, 12.4.6
- Android 10, Android 11 (Developer Preview)
Chrome: 81 (83 beta)
- Firefox: 75 (76 beta)
- Edge: 81 (83 beta)
- Safari: 13.1
Additional New Features
Appium Studio for IntelliJ - Support switching between instrumented and non-instrumented dumps
Android - Enable application upgrade on install (Beta) - Support for Application upgrade, see android.upgrade.uninstall in documentation
Appium Project - When working with SeeTest Automation Web interface under an Appium Project, an indication of the Appium server version will be shown
Accessibility for iOS (Beta) - Display the VoiceOver values as a text for accessibility testing
Selenium Grid - add "Skipped" as an option to setReportStatus command
Selenium Manual - Ability to select the Selenium agent
Performance Transaction Measurements - Measurements will be taken per Application
Reporter API - add a date range to test view API response
Reporter Object Spy - Search for elements by XPath inside the video report in case the test failed
Notes and Known Issues
- Reporter server deployment on Linux BETA
- Allows users to deploy Reporter Server on Linux Centos/RHEL 7.7
- This is the beta version, In case you would like to use this capability, contact your support engineer or to email@example.com
- Devices Page - Allow filtering by Device Groups (the new filter field replaced the 'Location' filter field)
- Applications Storage Management
Cloud Administrators can limit the time project's applications are stored in Cloud storage. This will help to remove the unused applications and keep
the occupied storage low, for more information: : Project Resources
- Devices Page - Allows filtering by Device Groups (the new filter field replaced the 'Location' filter field)|
- Cloud Logs Location - We change the default logs location of the components: Cloud Server, File Storage, Application Signer and Region Proxy.
The new folder location is outside to the installation folder, this will reduce the storage size of the installation folder and will ensure consistency of log retention
For more information and the new default location please see: Cloud Log Files
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Reflection of some devices is black when using a frame - Fixed
- Not able to set location on iOS 13+ - Fixed
- Audio stream stops when closing Audio dialog on SeeTest Automation web interface - Fixed
Appium OSS returns the wrong format of Appium versions available - Fixed
- SeeTest Automation web interface - Accessibility page - Elements are overlaying on low screen resolutions - Fixed
- iOS - Support instrumented apps that are using InCallService
- Appium Studio - can't log into the lab via secure proxy - Fixed
- iOS - iPhone XR has on dump in offset in hybrid apps
- Devices Page - Does not allow to search device groups from the devices page - Fixed
- Reservations - Cloud admin is unable to reserve device without adding reservation notes - Fixed
Reservations Report - In some cases the device host name is missing in the report and in the reservation event page - Fixed
- Device policies page - Page layout is messed up when the project name is very long - Fixed
- Reporter - Stability - Report Process failed to come up and times out - Fixed
- Reporter - Test created in the wrong project - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - MAC OS High Sierra - Slow input on manual sessions - Fixed
- Video Report - Choppy scrolling in reports with a large number of steps - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.5.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.6 (June 2020), Windows 7 will no longer be supported as a selenium agent.
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI / web interface of SeeTest platform will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- Postman & Experitest Webinar - "No More Flaky Tests with API Testing Embedded Into Functional UI Testing" - to view the recording click here
- Blog Post- "The Complete Guide Appium Testing using Python" - read here
- Blog Post- "How QA Teams are Handling the Covid-19 Pandemic" - read here
- Webinar - "How to build the ROI / Business Case for Test Automation" - to view the recording click here.
- No labels