Introducing the Mobile Studio - Our new and improve studio for manual and automated testing on mobile devices.
The Mobile Studio will offer improved responsiveness for supported resolutions, larger device reflection for all mobile devices and a simple, intuitive design and better adaption to low bandwidth users.
Please note that some features are disabled in beta versions and new features will be migrated from the old tool and the next versions.
To read more about the tool, please visit our documentation
Include HAR recording in a Selenium Performance Transaction
HAR recording will now be included in Performance Transaction created through Selenium automated tests.
Please visit our documentation for more information
Execution Page - New Design
We have improved the execution page to include a new design for you to watch your live executions!
Device Reservation - New Reserve Dialog
With the new Reserve Dialog users can easily plan and reserve their devices for their manual/debug and automations tasks.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 14.5.1, 14.5
- iOS 14.6 beta 2
- Android 11
Chrome: 89 (91 beta)
- Firefox: 88 (89 beta)
- Edge: 89 (90 beta)
- Safari: 14
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
Please note: Support of iOS 11 will end on April 1st, 2021.
Notes and Known Issues
To ensure support for all encryption algorithms, you can enable Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) on the client's machine. To enable it, you can set the following parameter in java.security file on the SeeTest client user's machine:
This may assist in cases of javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException.
For more information - https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/8u152-relnotes.html.
Additional New Features
Appium Server (OSS) - Support setting the report status from automation by using setReportStatus
Devices - Rest API - Unify the response of Web Control API in a Multi-region cloud
Espresso - Support Cucumber Tags for Cucumber tests. Use includeTests parameter to choose the tags to execute
- Keep Unlock for iOS devices - Admin can configure 'Keep Unlock' for iOS deices and prevent from the device to get locked. can be used on devices that required passcode, please see Device Unlocking
Notification Email before Password Expiration - Cloud Admin is now able to configure notification emails to alert users before their password is going to be expired
On Premise Deployment
Important Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements
- From 21.11 (Nov 2021) we will no longer support the deployment of Device Host Machine on Windows OS
- We recommend to start planning your purchase plan and replace all Windows DHM's with MacOS DHM's before upgrading to 21.11
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- From 21.6 we will no longer support Windows Server 2012 (For all cloud components), our supported versions: Windows Server 2016/2019
- From 21.6 we will no longer support macOS Mojave for DHM and EHM, our supported versions: macOS Catalina/BigSur
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Selenium Agent - Update browsers - Getting a non-informative message from the cloud when trying to update a browser version that already exists
- Devices Page - Add 'Tags' filter to the filter bar
- Projects Page - Failed to rename project after user deletion - Fixed
- Failed to Switch between projects on Cloud (corner case) - Fixed
- Devices Page - Update latest marketing data from GSM Arena
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 31.05.2021 or prior to
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "Build Better Apps with a Low-Code Development Approach" - to watch the recording click here
- Digital.ai On-Demand Webinar "Demystify the DevOPs Landscape" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "Top Challenges to Test Automation in 2021" - read here
- No labels