Support for Android App Bundles
Google uses app bundle to generate and serve optimized APKs for each user’s device configuration, so they download only the code and resources they need to run your app. Therefore, users can get smaller and more optimized downloads.
We extend the support of cloud applications now to include app bundles format.
SeeTestCloud 21.5 supports App Bundles with only dump instrumentation. In upcoming versions, it will be supported with camera, fingerprint, network instrumentation.
To read more about the tool, please visit our documentation
iPad Pro 2021 Support
SeeTestCloud 21.5 officially supports iPad Pro 2021 11.0 and 12.9 inches that are powered with Apple M1 Chip.
File Repository for Appium Tests
The File Repository is a storage where you keep and manage all your digital assets, such as images, audio files, scripts, or any other files you may need for testing purposes.
To read more about the File Repository, please visit our documentation
Jenkins Plugin for Appium and Selenium Test Execution
We have improved our Jenkins plugin to include executions on Mobile Devices and Desktop browsers
Now you can connect to your Continuous Testing Cloud and Choose the devices and desktop browsers your tests will run against!
To read more about our Jenkins Plugin, please visit our documentation
Device Reservations Page
With the new Device Reservation page users can easily see their current and future device reservations
Admins can better manage their Project/Cloud reservations and easily release devices in case it needed
To read more about our Jenkins Plugin, please visit our documenation
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 14.5.1, 14.5
- iOS 14.6
- Android 11
Chrome: 89 (91 beta)
- Firefox: 88 (89 beta)
- Edge: 89 (90 beta)
- Safari: 14.1.1
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
Notes and Known Issues
To ensure support for all encryption algorithms, you can enable Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) on the client's machine. To enable it, you can set the following parameter in java.security file on the SeeTest client user's machine:
This may assist in cases of javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException.
For more information - https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/8u152-relnotes.html.
Additional New Features
Web Studios - Video recording during a manual session will generate a video that now work on Mac with no special codec required
Desktop Browsers Manual Testing - Windows - Allow users to download files on restricted agents to their personal machines
HAR Recording - Support Custom ports to be included in your HAR recording. Configuration is required (documentation available only to cloud admins)
Appium - Automation Execution - Support setReportStatus command to set the report status from an automated test
- Users Rest API - Allow to assign/unassign a user to multiple projects in one api call, please see Users Rest API
On Premise Deployment
Important Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements
- From 21.11 (Nov 2021) we will no longer support the deployment of Device Host Machine on Windows OS
- We recommend to start planning your purchase plan and replace all Windows DHM's with MacOS DHM's before upgrading to 21.11
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- From 21.6 we will no longer support Windows Server 2012 (For all cloud components), our supported versions: Windows Server 2016/2019
- From 21.6 we will no longer support macOS Mojave for DHM and EHM, our supported versions: macOS Catalina/BigSur
Xcode SDK 12.5 supports a maximum iOS version of 14.6
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- iOS - Changing language and region on devices with passcode sending device to Error state - Fixed
- Applications Page - Unable to upload .zip for Simulator - "Please select only APK/IPA file" - Fixed
- Application Signer Logs - Add error to logs in case there is not enough free disk space (Both Android and iOS)
- Help Page - Add link to the version release notes
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.06.2021 or prior to
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "Build Better Apps with a Low-Code Development Approach" - to watch the recording click here
- Digital.ai On-Demand Webinar "Demystify the DevOPs Landscape" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "Top Challenges to Test Automation in 2021" - read here
- No labels