Android - This command will clear the entire application data and cache from the device it is installed on during runtime.
iOS (supported since 12.2) - This command will clear application's data, for more infornmation see Clearing iOS Application Data
- Package Name: The application package name.
Scenario: On the following example we will use the EriBank Application to demonstrate the use of this command.
Step 1: Go to Settings Tab (Settings->App->All->EriBank).
See the app info. In this example
Step 2: Execute the applicationClearData command.
Step 3: Check the result.
Clearing iOS Application Data
- Supported only on applications signed for development
- Some of the capabilities required instrumentation from 12.2
- Application's Permissions (such as Camera / Notifications / Location permissions) will not be cleared using clearApplicationData command. Clearing these will require reinstallation or manual management via the Settings app
Will clear application data of the following types:
- Application's Container - All files created by the application
- Application's Group Container * - All files created by the application's groups, as listed in its Info.plist (supported only for Instrumented app).
- Application's Defaults - User defaults configured by the application
- Application's Settings * - Special type of user defaults that are configured by the developer in the 'Settings.bundle' and stored in the device settings app (supported only for Instrumented app)
- Application Group Keychain Items * - Passwords, keys and other types of data stored in the device keychain (supported only for Instrumented app)
* Will take affect on the next launch of the application