This session demonstrates two different ways to specify the location of an Element so that some action can be executed on it:
- Example 1: "SwipeWhileNotFound" command - Swipe to search for an element or text.
- Example 2: "ElementListSelect" command - Select an element in a list (after first making the element visible).
For this example we will use the eri-Bank application. We will go to the payment page, click on the countries list, and choose United-Kingdom (which is the not visible unless you scroll down)
Step 2: Change the last command to "Click" on 'Make Payment' Object (instead of "VerifyElement").
- Click on the relevant step
- Expand the commands drop-down list
- Choose the wanted command (in this case - 'Click')
This is the new script:
Step 3: Add a step - Click on 'Select' button (to open the countries list)
- Click on the "Object Spy" icon button.
- Click on the 'Select' button.
- Left-click to mark the property and then right-click on one of the Object's properties to Add a command > choose 'Click'.
4. Close the Object Spy.
5.Right click the new click command created in step 3 and click 'Run selected steps'.
The Countries list will now appear on the device:
Now we are ready to add the command that will find the country we want and then click on it - the country will be United-Kingdom'