In this section, we will explain how to create certificates and provision profiles that our products can work with.
Here you will learn how to create certificates, provision profiles, .p12 files, and a developer profile (.developerprofile). These are used in the iOS profile management.
To get started the steps are:
- SeeTestAutomation- Creating An Apple Certificate
- SeeTestAutomation- Creating a provision profile
- SeeTestAutomation - Create a Developer Profile or SeeTestAutomation- Creating a .p12 file
In order to get to the iOS profile management, click "tools" in the menu bar and select the "iOS Provision Profile Management" option.
Choose the file type to be uploaded:
- Exported Apple Developer Account file (.developerprofile) - After generating this file, upload it using this option. Insert file's password.
The file contains several signing identities and provision profiles, choose the combination to work with.
- Certificate file (.p12) and Apple provision profile (.mobileprovision) - After generating these files, upload it using this option. Insert certificate's password.
When adding a device, if 'Full control' is checked it means the device has a valid matching profile.
In case the device doesn't open - look for the following exceptions on a log:
Could not find signing identity for given profile - When working on Mac your Keychain must contain the iPhone developer certificate which is used from SeeTest. The certificate will be on the Login user and must have its private key. If it isn't there, Import to your Keychain the .p12 file of this certificate.
Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority doesn't exist - When working on Mac your Keychain must contain this certificate. The certificate will be on the System user.
Wrong trust-settings for Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority - Change the trust settings to 'Use system default'
All signing identities on Keychain need to have the trust setting 'Use system default'