Cloud Administrators may restrict the following actions:
- Reboot Action of devices for cloud users.
- Using remote debugging for the device.
- Use adb command shell.
Cloud Administrator/Project Administrator may decide to restrict users from starting certain applications.
- Android 4.4 and above
Cloud Administrators/Project Administrators - can add device restriction by navigating: Settings ─> Device Policies ─> Restrictions
- Cloud Administrator's restrictions will apply to all project administrators and users of the cloud or on specific project users**. (will not apply to cloud administrators).
- Project Administrator's restrictions will apply to all users of the project but will not apply to project administrators.
Pressing 'Create' for creating a restriction:
To create a new restriction - Administrators should provide the following parameters:
- Mobile Device OS - The mobile application OS (iOS or Android)
- Match type - How to identify the application - Exact matching OR Partial (contains). Exact matching means Bundle name for iOS, <packageName>.<activityName> for Android.
- Application Identifier - String that will be used to identify the running application, according to the Match Type chosen.
- Action - The action that will be performed, once the application has been identified as running on the device (Kill application \ Send Device to home Screen)
Cloud Administrator also can add a restriction to a project by navigating to:
Settings ─> Projects ─> Choose project + Manage ─> Device Policies ─> Restrictions
Those restrictions will apply only to the project's users.
Differentiating between activities with similar names
In Android 5.0 and above:
When several activities share the same activity name, you can specify the activity you want to restrict from its text title or content.
Here is an example of how to restrict the security setting in the Settings application, but allow users to visit Wi-Fi/Bluetooth activities:
When "SubSetting" is the activity name and "Security" is the activity text title.
You can monitor the devices activities names and text by Inspecting device log with the tag "ExperiAuto"
To get the device log you need to open a cmd line from Cloud agent installation dir found in -
Mac DHM - Usually in /Applications/Experitest/Cloud/Agent/bin/adb
Windows DHM - Usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Experitest\Cloud\Agent\bin\adb
And run the following command
adb -s [deviceSN] logcat -s ExperiAuto
When you visit the activity you want to block, the activity name/text will be printed in the device log.