Follow the steps below:
Step 1: To start recording a script on a mobile device with the recorder, you need to:
- Connect your mobile device to your computer via USB. (For device connectivity instructions please follow our "Connect Device" instructions)
- Have the application instrumented and installed on the device (see "Native Application Instrumentation for Windows Phone").
Step 2: In SeeTestAutomation go to the "Test" tab and click on the "Record" button.
Step 3: Choose the device to be recorded from, and choose the tested application name (for Native Recording)
Step 4: A progress bar will appear while SeeTestAutomation prepares the Windows Phone application for testing. Once completed the application will be opened on the device and you can start recording steps of the scenario you want to automate.
Note: You should perform the actions on the device-reflection window only! Actions executed directly on the device will not be recorded.
Step 5: In this example, we wish to run a test on the "EriBank" application that logs into my bank account, so we will do the following sequence of actions:
- Click on the "Username" textfield, enter 'company';
- Click on "Password" textfiled, enter 'company';
- Click on the "Login" button;
- Right-click on the "Make Payment" button to verify that it is found;
- Click on the Logout button;
Note: General thumb rules worthwhile obeying while recording:
- Click the center of images/icons/links;
- Record slowly
Step 6: Go back to the main window of SeeTestAutomation and click on the "Stop Recording" button.
Step 7: You will see a progress bar indicating that the record data is being analyzed, and the test script will then appear in the script area.
Step 8: Click the "Play" button to run the script:
Step 9: Once the test has been executed, you will receive a report indicating for each test step whether it was executed successfully or not, including a screen shot of the tested application in run time.
Step 10: You can export code in your preferred programming/scripting language that is to replay the actions of the test.
Step 11: Select ‘Code’ tab in the main window of SeeTestAutomation.
Step 12: Choose the language you prefer:
Step 13: Click on ‘Copy to Clipboard’ icon .
The generated code has been copied to the clipboard of your system.
Step 14: Paste the code to the development environment you are used to work and run the code from there while SeeTestAutomation continues to run.