You can run SeeTestAutomation scripts from IBM Rational (RFT). To do so, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Create a new Functional Test Project
Step 2: Set the project classpath:
- Open the project properties (right-click on the project)
- Select 'Java Build Path' and then the 'Libraries' tab:
- Click on 'Add External JARs…
- In the SeeTestAutomation installation directory under client\java select all the JARs (C:\Program Files\Experitest\SeeTest)
Step 3: Create Helper Superclass:
- Go to File -> New -> Helper Superclass
- Name the Superclass SeeTestAutomation Script and put it under a folder named 'mobile':
- Paste the code found under client\RFT\SeeTestScript.java file into the new Superclass
- Change the name of the first package from 'Resources' to the 'mobile'.
Step 4: Create a new Test
- Right-click on the test folder and select 'Add Empty Script', set the script name and click Next.
- Set the 'Helper Superclass' to the new superclass:
Step 5: Export code and Run script
- In SeeTestAutomation select 'RFT' as the code export environment and copy the script code:
- In RFT, in the newly created script right-click and select 'Insert Java Code Snippet'. You can set the name of the snippet
- Save the script.
- In the new script move to the 'Java' tab and paste the SeeTestAutomation-generated code into the ‘Add your code here’ location.
- Now you can run the test from RFT.
Step 6: After the execution finishes you should see the RFT html log with the SeeTestAutomation commands information: