To create a new project:
Step 1: Open the workspace that contains your application's project.
Step 2: Create a new project.
- Select ‘BlackBerry Project’ as the project type.
- Name your new project ( ‘ExperitestLib’), Click Next.
- Select ‘Library Project’ and click ‘Finish’.
Step 3: Add a compiled JAR file to the project (First download the ExperitestBBLib.jar from this Link)
- In the navigation pane, select the project.
- On the Build menu, select Project > Add File to Project.
- Select the appropriate JAR file and click Open.
- Go to the ‘Order and Export’ tab and check the imported Jar file for export.
- Verify that the new project is using the right Java version
Step 4: Add the new project to your application project
- Open your project properties and import the new project into your dependent projects tab.
Step 5: Code changes need to be added into the application
You will need to add 2 lines of code, one into the ‘main’ method and the other into the ‘exit’ or ‘close’ methods.
Step 6: UI extension for non-standards UI elements
If you have a non-standards UI elements you can add an extension like in the following example:
Step 7: Application installation - use the Application manager
- Open the application manager
- Import the application file
- Install on the device
For further information go to Application Manager
- If you have a previous installation of your application on the device please uninstall them first.
- If you are using JavaLoader to install the application please install your application jad file (located in the standard folder) as well as a jad file in the name of ExperitestLib.jad (it will have the same name as the new project you have created).