Today's fast growing mobile market requires users regularly working with HP's Unified Functional Testing (UFT) software to extend existing Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) capabilities to mobile devices and applications, and more specifically to smartphones: iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone.
To meet this challenge, Mobile Add-on for UFT extends UFT testing and monitoring capabilities to mobile: record tests from UFT on real devices that are not jailbroken or rooted and are connected to your local PC or onsite cloud.
The capabilities of Mobile Add-on for UFT include support for smartphones and all physical devices, including tablets, phones, and emulators. The mobile add-on is fully integrated into HP Unified Functional Testing software with an object repository supporting object identification by all four methods: native ID, image recognition, text recognition, and DOM (for HTML5).
Integrating the Mobile Add-on into your testing environment offers the following benefits:
- It is fully integrated into HP Unified Functional Testing software, including an integrated object repository
- Object identification is supported using all four standard methods: native ID, image recognition, text recognition, and DOM
- Compatible with 100% of devices, including latest devices (again, as no jailbreaking or rooting is required)
- Any mobile device from a neighborhood retail store can be connected to your PC using a standard USB cable
- Supports iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone devices
- Script once, run on different devices—even from a different mobile OS (e.g., Android test on iOS device)
- Available in two configurations: local connectivity to your PC or an onsite cloud that resides inside your own VPN
Installation is a breeze: When HP's Unified Functional Testing software is launched, simply tick the Mobile add-on in the add-on window which pops up, and the tester can begin work.
Then, after connecting your PC and smartphone with a standard USB cable, you can fully perform all of the following operations from within UFT:
- edit these tests (both the scripts and the object repository)
- execute tests
- view test results