- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that Digital.ai Continuous Testing Version 22.8 is being rolled out in our SaaS data centers worldwide.
Digital.ai Continuous Testing 22.8
Released 31 August 2022, Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
Support for iOS 16
Digital.ai Continuous Testing now supports iOS 16.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 15.6.1, iOS 16 (Official)
- iOS 16.1 beta
- Android 12* & 13*
Chrome: 104 (105 beta*)
- Firefox: 104 (105 beta)
- Edge: 104 (105 beta)
- Safari: 15.56
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
- iOS 15
- iOS 16
Notes and Known Issues
- Limitations on Android 12 and 13 devices are mentioned here.
- Due to the latest limitations, it is suggested to remove the passcode on iOS 15.x and 16 beta devices in the cloud. Read the complete iOS limitations here.
- Since Appium Client 8 is not supported in Appium Grid due to technical limitations, please use Appium OSS.
- Chrome 96 version is supported only in macOS BigSur and later.
- The latest beta version of Chrome (desktop) is presenting black screenshots instead of the actual browser screen in automated execution.
- Currently, the QuickStart tests on the Automation page are not compatible with Appium OSS projects.
Additional New Features
Playwright - Get container logs of the execution
Test Editor - Now supporting setting context and activating app for Appium OSS test creation
This section is only relevant for Cloud Administrators.
To access the Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact email@example.com
Important Notes and Known Issues
- As of the current version we are only supporting new versions of PostgreSQL 14.2 / 13.6/ 12.10 for both cloud and reporter.
- Starting from 22.10 our components will be supported in Java 17.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Android - Emulators - Improvements on API Level 32 Emulators
- iOS - Improvements to Springboard elements alignment within customer application
- iOS - SimulateCapture - Improvements on pixel conversion
- STA - iOS - Device display connection improved
- iOS - Dump improvements for instrumented and non-instrumented apps
- Webdriverio - testName capability now appears in the reports
- AppiumOSS - Tests can now run without bundleId capability
Cloud - Device status on device group page does not match device status on devices page - Fixed
Cloud - User's password can be copied from Mail to the Login page without extra space
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 28.09.2022 (or prior)
- Since 22.6, the Selenium agent is no longer supported in macOS Mojave.
- Application install from the path on grid sessions will be deprecated from 22.9. Instead, you can upload the application to the cloud using API and install the app that exists in the cloud.
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Digital.ai Continuous Testing on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.