- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
SeeTest 12.12 Release Notes
Released 26 December 2019 , Release notes home
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
UX Performance: HAR File Viewer
Since version 12.7 we have been continuously improving on what was the first installment of our much anticipated UX Performance Testing offering. Today, after 6 installments, our performance offering has become a full featured transaction-based performance testing for mobile & web, together with full featured coverage of analytics for performance. In this version 12.12, we are happy to announce our latest feature which is built-in HAR File Viewer, which complements the HAR File Collector which we announced in version 12.9.
HAR File Viewer from performance transaction report:
In version 12.12, we have added a HAR File Viewer directly from our transaction report in Reporter. This feature complements our automatic recording of HAR file for each transaction you conduct, whether it's manual or via automation. If in the past you had to first download the HAR file and find a 3rd party tool to view it from, from now on, you'll be able to conveniently open and investigate it directly from the transaction report.
Automated Accessibility Testing on iOS
In this Version 12.12, we are happy to announce the support of automated accessibility testing* for iOS. This is in addition to our support for manual accessibility tests for iOS and Android. Automated Accessibility Testing allows you to inspect and verify the accessibility of the app by confirming that all the elements in your app that should be accessible are indeed accessible. To do that we leverage screen reading capability integrated into the automated tests. For example, you can now identify via automated tests, labels that don’t exist, confusing or incorrect labels, unreachable elements, text font that is too small or with not enough contrast — and other elements that make your app less accessible.
An accessibility test is an assessment of a mobile app or mobile website to evaluate how much of its content and/or services are accessible to people with disabilities such as blind people, people with color blindness or other vision impairment. Verifying that your mobile app is accessible is the right thing to do, because it gives everyone equal opportunities, no matter what their abilities or circumstances. This is why it is also required by law in many countries. At the same time, it can also grow your revenues because it can open up significant markets for users that otherwise would not have been able to use your apps or services. This enables you to do well by doing good.
New Device UI Page
Version 12.12 also includes new and improved UI/UX to the Devices Page. It enables better navigation, search and filtering.
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.3, 13.3.1 beta, 12.4.4
- iPadOS 13.3, 13.3.1 beta, 12.4.4
- Android 10
- Firefox: 71 (and beta 72)
- Edge: 79
- Starting from the previous version (12.10) we have deprecated support for iOS 10.
- Starting from the previous version (12.10) we have deprecated support for Android 5.0 and below.
Additional New Features
Appium OSS - Support setCapability("instrumentApp", true)
iOS - Add option to launch without verification (launchWithOptions)
Mobile Listeners - Support multiple listeners in Grid (Java and Ruby)
Web Studios - Capture Network Traffic - Disable recording of HAR if can't record traffic of a secured connection
Android - Support fingerprint authentication on Android 9+
Reporter - Rest API to download test's video from the reporter
Cloud UI Execution page - Filter to differentiate between mobile and desktop-browsers
Selenium - Video Report - screenshots will be collected when switching between different browser windows during selenium grid execution
Video Report - Button to navigate from the video report to the old Screenshot report
Appium Grid - Support 'appbuildVersion' and 'appreleaseVersion' capabilities
User's Reservations List - Download CSV file with user's current and future reservations under his project
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact email@example.com
Notes and Known Issues
- Please see the updated System Requirements
Cloud Deployment - Stopping the support for macOS - from 12.12 we will not continue to support the deployment on macOS for the following components:
Region Proxy Manger
We will continue to support Device Host Machine and Selenium Agent on macOS and Windows operating systems
- macOS Catalina Support - Fixed the notarization issue for Device Host Machine and Selenium Agent.
Cloud Deployment on Linux - We plan to support from 20.1 version, the deployment of most of the cloud components on Linux (CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise )
The supported components on Linux (planned for 20.1) are:
Region Proxy Manger
- HAR File Support - from Android 7.1+ by default the device does not allow to record HTTPS traffic from users applications, for more information: PCAP and HAR Support
User Last Authentication info
Allows cloud admin to monitor after users activity which helps investigate security issues.
- Selenium Agent - add the option to Enable/Disable Network Tunneling
To improve performance and stability Cloud admin can disable the tunneling feature for selenium agents in case there is no usage for the tunneling feature, for more information please see Selenium Agent
- Cloud CLI Interface
Cloud CLI Interface enables command line interface to the cloud. It gives Cloud Admins a simple way to manage cloud environment and simplify integration with CI tools for management tasks, such as creating new project, assign users, create new users, show devices under project and so on. The cloud CLI is an open source project available on GitHub. Learn more.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Appium Grid - iOS - driver.manage.logs.get("syslog") doesn't return the log entries - Fixed
- Android - Espresso - Duration time for step is negative - Fixed
- iOS - Web Application doesn't show Web Dump with frameset - Fixed
- Web Studios - Menu items overlapping with End Session button in lower resolution browsers - Fixed
- Simulate capture - Fails for large images - Fixed
- iOS Simulators - Shows up as Available in Devices List View after releasing the simulator - Fixed
- Android - Remote Debugging - adb shell return error - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Improve Improved performance - Optimization for image sending to client side
- UI improvements in reporter's transaction page
- Video Report - Not playing on IE browser - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Non-informative error retrieved to clientSide - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Video reports are not deleted from temp folder - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Tests fails sporadically when proxy is enabled - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Threads not closed and can't run tests after Reporter disconnection - Fixed
- Reporter Stability - Using very large DB makes the navigation using 100% CPU of the client machine - Fixed
- Improve Improved web cleanup stability and performance for iOS devices
- Audit Log - Add Added source IP for each event
- License Usage Reports - Mobile Execution license is not released when opening Debug session - Fixed
- Device Reservation - Unable to configure max reservation time less than 240 minutes - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcement
- Due date*: 30.1.2020 or prior to
- Highlights*: Retry mechanism of a failed test in XCUITest & Espresso, Device Page additional UI improvements, API to download HAR file, faster loading and response time for emulators.
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI / web interface of SeeTest platform will longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Product Awareness Activities
- 23-Dec-2019 - UX Performance Whitepaper - to download the whitepaper click here.
- 17-Dec-2019 - Webinar: 'Shorten Analysis of Test Results with Big Data Tools like Elasticsearch', Guy Arieli, CTO and Omer Madi, Product Manager - to view the recording click here.