- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that SeeTest Version 20.5 is being rolled out in our SaaS data-centers worldwide.
SeeTest 20.5 Release Notes
Released 28 May 2020 , Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
The SeeTest Lab now fully supports VoiceOver testing for manual users.
You can now activate the VoiceOver (iOS) and fully control all of the supported gestures using your keyboard.
To learn more, please contact the support team.
Appium Server 1.17.1-p0 Support
SeeTest Automation - Web interface fully supports Appium Server version 1.17.1-p0 for both execution and development.
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.5, 12.4.7
- Android 10, Android 11 (Developer Preview)
Chrome: 81 (83 beta)
- Firefox: 75 (76 beta)
- Edge: 81 (83 beta)
- Safari: 13.1
Additional New Features
Web Studios - Improved magnifier - We have improved our magnifier for a better user experience
Android - Improved our support in new fingerprint libraries
Getting User Account Info with Rest API - Using your access-key to get your account info such as username, project, and role. please see Users Rest API
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Reporter Database Configuration - the database user must be the database administrator user.
- From 20.7 version, we will not release Reporter Server installer for 32-bit, please use the Installer for 64-bit.
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- Reporter server deployment on Linux BETA
- Allows users to deploy Reporter Server on Linux Centos/RHEL 7.7
- This is the beta version, In case you would like to use this capability, contact your support engineer or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reporter Server deployment on Windows (64-bit)
- From 20.5 the Reporter Installer for 64-bit will be able to auto migrate from a 32-bit installed reporter
- For more information please see: SeeTest Reporter
- Improve Account Security
- Cloud Admin is able to set the minimum password length (7-25).
- Cloud Admin is able to set requirement to special character for users passwords.
- Activation Link - New users will get an email with activation link to set the user account and configure password
- For more information please see: Account Security
- Usage Reports - Improve our documentation for the Cloud Usage Report
- Users List CSV File - Added additional columns to the users CSV file: 'User Role', 'Created', and 'Authentication Type'. please see Users Management
- Android Device Cleanup - Added new cleanup capability to clear shared media folders such as Download, DCIM, Pictures, Movies and Music.
please see: Manage Device Cleanup
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Mobile Listener - Improved performance on native Android applications
- Android - Improved automatic handling in automation for devices with navigation bars
- Android - Improved our monitoring capabilities (CPU, memory and battery)
- Reporter - Selenium Video Report failed step in a group doesn't fail the entire group - fixed
- Selenium Agent Stability - Safari cannot open manual session - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Manual Mac - selenium.out is too big - Fixed
- Selenium Manual - Improve input mechanism when clicking on "Enter"
- Selenium Agent - Windows - Configure external proxy via installation does not work - Fixed
- Reporter - Improved responsiveness in "settings" page
- Improve Device Cleanup stability for Android and iOS devices
- Set Device WiFi - Failed to set hidden WiFi for Android devices - Fixed
- Application Signer - keep temporary files in the temp folder - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.6.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.6 (June 2020), Windows 7 will no longer be supported as a Selenium agent.
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI/web interface of SeeTest platform will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "How to Jumpstart Your WebdriverIO Testing" - to view the recording click here
- Blog Post- "TestNG Annotations: The Complete Guide for Automation Testing" - read here
- Blog Post- "Set up Cross Browser Testing with our Selenium Grid Tutorial" - read here
- Webinar - "How to build the ROI/Business Case for Test Automation" - to view the recording click here.