- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that SeeTest Version 20.6 is being rolled out in our SaaS data-centers worldwide.
SeeTest 20.6 Release Notes
Released 30 June 2020 , Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
Appium Desktop Support
Starting 20.6, you can select Experitest as a cloud provider in Appium Desktop, and open a mobile device.
After the device is opened, you can work with this device in order to develop and debug your tests.
Improve performance in desktop browsers (manual session)
We made a significant improvement in the frames per second provided during a manual session of desktop browsers.
We will provide up to 10 FPS, and it will outcome in a much better user experience.
Resolution selection in desktop browsers (manual session)
From now, you can select your browser resolution during a manual session.
The resolution will take effect immediately and will enable users to test against different resolutions.
Android Accessibility - TalkBack Testing
The SeeTest Lab now fully supports TalkBack testing for manual users.
You can now activate the TalkBack (Android) and fully control all of the supported gestures using your keyboard.
To learn more, please contact the support team.
Widget Connector width 700 url http://youtube.com/watch?v=1kmOdqllBr0
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.5.1, 13.6 beta 2, 14 beta 1
- Android 10, Android 11 (Developer Preview)
Chrome: 81 (83 beta)
- Firefox: 75 (76 beta)
- Edge: 81 (83 beta)
- Safari: 13.1
Additional New Features
iOS - Application signing - Improved the application signing mechanism to support applications with extensions.
Web Studio - For users working from sub-optimal networks we have implemented an auto re-connect feature in case your network goes down momentarily.
iOS - iPads - Improved our support of split screens. Please see ios.dump.active.applications.
Android - Mock Fingerprint - Improved support for fingerprint authentication.
iOS - Cloud devices will automatically handle admin related alerts by default. Also, we have improved the way autoDissmissAlerts work - see documentation for more info.
Remote Debugging - Improved CPU consumption on Android sessions.
Devices Page - Add Phone Number column to find devices with sim card.
Reporter - SetReportStatus command - ability to add a message set by the user in the selenium video reports.
Appium - Add reportTestID to the list of capabilities, in order to execute REST API regarding reports.
Selenium Agent REST API - GET all available browser details.
Selenium Grid - startStepsGroup/stopStepsGroup support for selenium, so that the report will be divided to groups.
Reporter REST API - Download video from the transaction report.
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Reporter Database Configuration - the database user must be the database administrator user.
- From 20.7 version, we will not release Reporter Server installer for 32-bit, please use the Installer for 64-bit.
- Cloud 20.6 will not work with Selenium 20.5
- If Windows automatically deletes old Edge browser, it will still appear as an option top open in the UI.
- Android 11 devices fails to perform cleanup
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- Android Emulator Skin
- Cloud Admin is able to set the emulator skin for each emulator snapshot model to make sure that the emulator has the most suitable skin
- For more information please see: Emulator Host Machine (EHM)
- Manual Desktop Browser Refresh Rate - Cloud admin is now able to set the screenshot refresh rate for Desktop Browser manual sessions, the default value is 10 frames per second. please see Cloud Branding
- Cloud Branding Favicon Icon - Cloud admin is now able to set the favicon icon for SeeTest Platform pages (Cloud Server & Web Studio)
- Users Rest API - Allow to create an SSO user with Rest API (until 20.6 was available only from the Users page), please see Users Rest API.
- Cambrionix SuperSync15 Support - SeeTest is now support the new cambrionix model SuperSync15, please see System Requirements
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Appium SeeTest extension - startLoggingDevice fails to save files properly when the path includes "_"
- Remote Debugging - Improved CPU consumption on Android session
- iOS - When moving the device time back the reflection freezes - Fixed
- HAR recording - Improved stability
- SeeTest command - setNetworkConnection - stability issue - fixed
- Device Cleanup - Improve Android and iOS cleanup stability
- Device Cleanup - Users are now able to release device without cleanup from the Web Studio in case the project was configured with 'Enable Release without Cleanup'
Cloud Security - Fix SWEET32 vulnerability
- Device Reservation Dialog - Improved the error message in case of overlapping reservations
- DHM Auto Upgrade - Unable to upgrade DHM on the latest MacOS Catalina - Fixed
- Starting a performance transaction cause a problem with navigating to secure sites - Fixed
- Reporter- Jira Integration- Issue type value hardcoded - Fixed
- Reporter - Test duration in video report is wrong - Fixed
- Reporter- Jira Integration- Issue type value hardcoded - Fixed
- Application Signer - Temporary files are not deleted - Fixed
- Show Token History get empty result for the first usage - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 31.7.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.8 (August 2020), old edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- Starting version 20.6 (June 2020), Windows 7 will no longer be supported as a Selenium agent.
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI/web interface of SeeTest platform will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "How to Jumpstart Your WebdriverIO Testing" - to view the recording click here
- Blog Post- "TestNG Annotations: The Complete Guide for Automation Testing" - read here
- Blog Post- "Set up Cross Browser Testing with our Selenium Grid Tutorial" - read here
- Webinar - "How to build the ROI/Business Case for Test Automation" - to view the recording click here.