- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that SeeTest Version 20.6 is being rolled out in our SaaS data-centers worldwide.
SeeTest 20.7 Release Notes
Released 30 July 2020 , Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.5.1, 13.6 beta 2, 14 beta 1
- Android 10, Android 11 (Developer Preview)
Chrome: 84 (85 beta)
- Firefox: 78 (79 beta)
- Edge: 84
- Safari: 13.1.1
Additional New Features
Application Page (iOS Apps) - Allow to set Unique name and advance iOS configuration from the edit dialog, see Manage Project Applications
Espresso / XCUITest - Allow retries to run on other devices
Selenium Agent - Command to see a list of all downloaded files during the session
SeeTest Grid - Display Object Spy on failed tests in Video-Report
Reporter - Move the Jira Integration Button and functionalities to the video-report
Appium Grid - ApplicationClearData capability in order to do clean cache, without re-installing the application
Espresso - Allow the execution of UIAutomator tests during an Espresso execution - see useUIAutomator
Android - Support Web dump through Chrome debug client in both instrumented and non-instrumented applications. See android.noninstrumented.webview
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Reporter Database Configuration - the database user must be the database administrator user.
- From 20.7 version, we will not release Reporter Server installer for 32-bit, please use the Installer for 64-bit.
- If Windows automatically deletes old Edge browser, it will still appear as an option top open in the UI.
- Android 11 devices fails to perform cleanup
- Quick-Start functionality does not working on Cloud with Self-Signed certificate
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- Cloud Security - Allow only secured communication (TLS 1.2 or above)
by default SeeTest platform support unsecured communication such as TLS 1.1 and AES128 Cipher Bits, The Cloud admin can increase the platform security by enforcing only secured communication such as TLS 1.2 and AES256 Cipher Bits. for more information please see Secured Network Connection (TLS & HTTPS)
- Reservations Management - Allow to limit how much parallel reservation each user can have - Cloud Admin now able to set the maximum parallel reservations for each user in the project. this configuration is under the project settings, please see Project Resources
- User Management - Cloud Admin is now able to switch user role from standard user to cloud admin and from cloud admin to standard user, please see Users Management
- iOS Device Status - Add Informative Error messages - Add more information when an iOS device is in error status. to better understand the different error cause and troubleshooting please see Devices Status Troubleshooting NEED TO PUBLISH DOCUMENTATION
- Device Cleanup - In case user enable voice-over in an iOS device, SeeTest will disable it as part of the device cleanup, there is no additional step required. Manage Device Cleanup
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Selenium Agent - Windows VM - No monitor or dongle connected warning shows up - Fixed
- AppiumOSS - Android - removeApp() method does not remove the application from the device - Fixed
- Grid - Execution interrupts due to "GC overhead limit exceeded" error / "Out of memory exception" - Fixed
- Cloud - Rest API - ignoreTestFile is not working for Running Sync Espresso - Fixed
- Devices Page - Add additional column to the devices table: 'First Name' and 'Last Name' for the current user that use the device
- Devices Rest API - 'IsCleanupEnabled' property replaced with the property 'whitelistCleanup' to indicate if the device was set with whitelist cleanup
- Selenium agent failed to communicate with the Reporter when Cloud is configured with self-signed certificate - Fixed
- Temp files are not being deleted under application signer temp folder - Fixed
Cloud Events - wrong User and Host when releasing device from Web Studio session - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 31.8.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.8 (August 2020), old edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- Starting version 20.6 (June 2020), Windows 7 will no longer be supported as a Selenium agent.
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI/web interface of SeeTest platform will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "How to Jumpstart Your WebdriverIO Testing" - to view the recording click here
- Blog Post- "TestNG Annotations: The Complete Guide for Automation Testing" - read here
- Blog Post- "Set up Cross Browser Testing with our Selenium Grid Tutorial" - read here
- Webinar - "How to build the ROI/Business Case for Test Automation" - to view the recording click here.