- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that SeeTest Version 20.8 is being rolled out in our SaaS data-centers worldwide.
SeeTest 20.8 Release Notes
Released 30 August 2020 , Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
Improved Audio quality
We have improved our Audio quality and latency so you can do better accessibility testing!
To enable it, please contact the support team.
WebDriver.io quick-start in "Automation" Page
Starting 20.8, we have added a new quick-start section for webdriver.io in our "Automation" page. This will provide instructions of environment setup and a sample script that can be copied and executed easily.
Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.6.1, iOS 13.7 beta 1, iOS 14 beta 6
- Android 10, Android 11 (Developer Preview)
Chrome: 84 (85 beta)
- Firefox: 80 (81 beta)
- Edge: 84 (85 beta)
- Safari: 13.1.1
Additional New Features
Android - Support uploading applications without internet permission - Allow uploading Android applications that don't have internet permission
Appium OSS - Android - Support MockAuthentication for fingerprint sensor mocking
Android - Support custom jks for re-signing Android applications
Performance Transaction - Add transaction Id to retrieved JSON in endPerformance
Delete Multiple Applications - Ability to select multiple application and deleting them, Manage Project Applications
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact email@example.com
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Disable by default fast response in Selenium Manual session in a mac machine. The Desktop Browsers Manual sessions on OSX environments might be slower than 20.7. the problem will be fixed in 20.9. The change does not affect Windows machines.
- Reporter Database Configuration - the database user must be the database administrator user.
- From Starting version 20.7 version, we will not release Reporter Server installer for 32-bit, please use the Installer for 64-bit.
- If Windows automatically deletes old Edge browser, it will still appear as an option top open in the UI.
- Android 11 devices fails to perform cleanup8, old edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Projects Management - Deleting a project in the Cloud Server will also delete the project from the Reporter - In case Cloud Admin delete project from the Cloud UI/API it will also delete the project (with all the reports) in the Reporter, please see Projects Management
- Device Cleanup Android - Allow to turn on WiFi in case the device WiFi is turn-off - As part of the device cleanup, Cloud will be able to turn-on the device WiFi to make sure that device is ready to use with internet connection, supported only for Android device. please see Reset Device WiFi And Proxy Cleanup
- Cloud Backup - Allow to backup with PostgreSQL client - In case the database is deployed on a different machine than the Cloud Server, we added the ability to use the PostgreSQL client in the Server machine instead of installing a full PostreSQL Server, this is supported only for Linux OS, please see Cloud Server
- Audit Log - Add records for applications events - Add records to the audit log for events such as upload,edit,delete and assign applications, this will allow Cloud Admin to track after applications activity in case of an incident, please see Audit Log NEED TO PUBLISH
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Appium extension - P2CY/P2CX fails to execute - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Safari - Tests in Execution Page shows as grey thumbnails - Fixed
Grid - Start Performance Transaction For Application sometimes gives negative results - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Update and upgrade does not clean temp folder completely - Fixed
- Cloud - Automation page - Demo tests not working on secured self signed cloud - Fixed
- Browser Usage Report - Add the user email to the CSV file
- Devices Page - Add 'Project' filed to the filters bar , available only for cloud admin users
- Reservation Report - Add Column 'Release Reason' to indicate reservations that were released due to inactivity
- Devices Rest API - Return the device region
- SAML Integration - Not able to use Keystore without password protection - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.9.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.8 (August 2020), old edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- Starting version 20.6 (June 2020), Windows 7 will no longer be supported as a Selenium agent.
- Starting Version 20.3 (March 2020) the UI/web interface of SeeTest platform will no longer be supported on Internet Explorer (but we will continue to support as usual Selenium testing on Internet Explorer browser).
*Please note that due date and highlights of next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- Experitest & Qualitest Joint On-Demand Webinar - "PWA: Testing the present and future of web technology" - to watch the recording click here
- digital.ai and Forrester On- Demand Webinar "The Future of Testing: Smarter and Adaptable" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "Taking a Close Look at what Web and Mobile Testing is Not " - read here
- Blog Post- "The best methodologies for Agile VSM and Continuous Testing" - read here