- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that SeeTest Version 20.8 is being rolled out in our SaaS data-centers worldwide.
SeeTest 20.8 Release Notes
Released 30 August 2020 , Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
Support for iOS 14 (GA)
Support for iOS 14 (GA - official version) is now available
Image ModifiedImage Modified Improved Audioquality
We have improved our Audio quality and latency so you can do better accessibility testing!
To enable it, please contact the support team.
WebDriver.io quick-start in "Automation" Page
Starting with 20.8, we have added a new quick-start section for webdriver.io in our "Automation" page. This will provide instructions for environment setup and a sample script that can be copied and executed easily.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 13.7, iOS 14
- Android 11
Chrome: 84 (85 beta)
- Firefox: 80 (81 beta)
- Edge: 84 (85 beta)
- Safari: 13.1.1
Additional New Features
Android - Support uploading applications without internet permission - Allow uploading Android applications that don't have internet permission.
Appium OSS - Android - Supports MockAuthentication for fingerprint sensor mocking.
Android - Supports custom jks for re-signing Android applications.
Performance Transaction - Add transaction IDs to retrieved JSON in endPerformance.
Delete Multiple Applications - Ability to select multiple applications and delete them, Manage Project Applications
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Desktop Browser Manual sessions on OSX environments might be slower than version20.7. the problem will be fixed in version 20.9.
- Reporter Database Configuration - the database user must be the database administrator user.
- Starting version 20.8, old Edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- iOS 14 devices that were connected to an older version of the cloud must be rebooted before use.
- DHMs that has iOS 14 devices connected to must not run xcode and safari
- Project Management - Deleting a project in the Cloud Server will also delete the project from the Reporter - In case Cloud Admin delete the project from the Cloud UI/API it will also delete the project (with all the reports) in the Reporter, please see Projects Management
- Device Cleanup Android - Allow to turn on WiFi in case the device WiFi is turned off - As part of the device cleanup, Cloud will be able to turn on the device WiFi to make sure that the device is ready to use with an internet connection. Support is only for Android devices. Please see Reset Device WiFi And Proxy Cleanup
- Cloud Backup - Allow to backup with PostgreSQL client - In case the database is deployed on a different machine than the Cloud Server, we added the ability to use the PostgreSQL client in the Server machine instead of installing a full PostreSQL Server, this is supported only for Linux OS, please see Cloud Server
- Audit Log - Add records for applications events - Add records to the audit log for events such as upload, edit, delete and assign applications, this will allow Cloud Admin to track after applications activity in case of an incident, please see Audit Log
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Appium extension - P2CY/P2CX fails to execute - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Safari - Tests in Execution Page shows as grey thumbnails - Fixed
Grid - Start Performance Transaction For Application sometimes gives negative results - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Update and upgrade does not clean temp folder completely - Fixed
- Cloud - Automation page - Demo tests not working on secured self-signed cloud - Fixed
- Browser Usage Report - Add the user email to the CSV file
- Devices Page - Add 'Project' filed to the filters bar, available only for cloud admin users
- Reservation Report - Add Column 'Release Reason' to indicate reservations that were released due to inactivity
- Devices Rest API - Return the device region
- SAML Integration - Not able to use Keystore without password protection - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.9.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.9 (September 2020), iOS 11 devices will no longer be supported.
*Please note that due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- Experitest & Qualitest Joint On-Demand Webinar - "PWA: Testing the present and future of web technology" - to watch the recording click here
- Digital.ai and Forrester On-Demand Webinar "The Future of Testing: Smarter and Adaptable" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "Taking a Close Look at what Web and Mobile Testing is Not " - read here
- Blog Post- "The best methodologies for Agile VSM and Continuous Testing" - read here