- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
We are happy to announce that SeeTest Version 21.9 is being rolled out in our SaaS data-centers worldwide.
SeeTest 21.9 Release Notes
Released 06 Oct 2021, Previous release notes
Table of Contents maxLevel 1 style circle
Support iPhone 13 Series
We have added support for the brand new iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
Support iPad and iPad mini 2021
We have added support for the brand new iPad and iPad mini launched in 2021.
Support iOS 15, 15.0.1 & 15.1 Beta 2
Digital.ai Continuous Testing now supports latest iOS 15.0.1 and 15.1 Beta 2
Mobile Studio - Object Spy
As a part of the our new and improved Mobile Studio, you can now use the new and improved Object Spy for Test Development!
The new Object Spy sizes are fully configurable to work with any screen size - even when developing against large tablets.
You can find more information on how to use it in our documentation.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 15, 15.0.1
- iOS 15.1 Beta 2
- Android 11
- Firefox: 93
- Edge: 94
- Safari: 14.1.1
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
- iOS 15
Notes and Known Issues
- There is a known issue with IOS 15.x devices where the instrumented dump is not retrieved sporadically during long runs.
- In order to run xcui tests on iPhone 13 and devices with iOS 15, DHM should have XCode 13 official.
- While building apps for new device models and latest OS, ensure the XCode-SDK compatibility is maintained
Due to JetBrains security requirements, our IntelliJ Plugin now only supports versions 2020.1.4 and above
- Appium Studio for IntelliJ is currently incompatible with IntelliJ 2021.2
Additional New Features
IOS - WebStudio -Supports two finger swipe operation
Android - Supports new cloud API to retrieve installed cacerts
This section is relevant only for Cloud Administrators.
To access the Cloud Management documentation, you should log in.
In case you do not have credentials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Projects Page - Move to the new design, allow to search and filter projects
On Premise Deployment
Important Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements
- Added: Policy Restrictions on Selenium Agent machine
- Added: New Installer restrictions
- Linux - Remove the requirements for Java Oracle JRE
- From 21.11 (Nov 2021), we will no longer support the deployment of Device Host Machine on Windows OS
- We recommend that you start planning your purchase plan and replace all Windows DHM's with MacOS DHM's before upgrading to 21.11
- If you want to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- From 21.6 we will no longer support
- Windows Server 2012 (For all cloud components), our supported versions: Windows Server 2016/2019
- macOS Mojave for DHM and EHM, our supported versions: macOS Catalina/BigSur
- From 21.7 version all cloud components will use Java JRE OpenJDK instead of Oracle JRE, the JRE will be installed automatically as part of installation/upgrade process.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Improvements on Android device user management when work profile is configured
- Improvements on Android 11 Application installation.
- Improvements on setNetworkConnection() command on iPhone devices
- IOS - TouchDown command stability improved.
- iOS - SwiftUI - AccessibilityIdentifier was missing for certain elements - FIXED
- iOS - Safari - Debugging Mobile WebSite via RDB doesn't work on some iOS devices - FIXED
- Browser bundles installed in SeleniumAgent are not listed in Cloud UI - FIXED
- Selenium - Browsers page displays bundle versions which are not added - FIXED
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 03.11.2021 (or prior)
- As a part of version 21.8, the old Reporter UI will be deprecated and will no longer be available when using use.new.testViews=false
- Starting 21.8, when manually instrumenting IOS Apps with simulateCapture feature, you need to add additional framework.
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Digital.ai Continuous Testing on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.