void Report(String remark, boolean status)
void Report(String pathToImage, String remark, boolean status)
- This command is available only from a coding environment;
- In VB, Python, Perl and Ruby clients, the second variation of this command is called: reportWithImage;
- In VUGen client, the variations of this command are called ic_report and ic_report_with_image, respectively, and their extra first argument is a pointer to the client structure.
This command enhances the reports generated after test runs.
A standard report contains a line for each execution step. This command allows to customize the report by presenting meaningful information for a specific step (or a set of steps). This information can consist of a custom remark and/or an image.
- pathToImage: The path to the image to be displayed in the entry of the current step when a report is generated. The path can be either a full local path or a URL.
The supported URL protocols are the following:
- remark: The custom remark; if the value of this argument can be parsed as a valid URL to an image, then this image will be integrated into the generated report.
- status: boolean
- True:The specific step will be marked as passed.
- False: The specific step will be marked as failed.
Example Script: Report with a textual remark
Scenario: In this example, we will call command Report with a textual remark in a JUnit test:
Example Script: Report with a custom image given as URL
Scenario: In this example, we will call the ReportWithImage command with a URL to a custom image in a test written in Python:
Example Script: Report with a custom local image
Scenario: In this example, we will call command Report with a URL to a custom local image in a C# NUnit test:
Note: The step is marked as successfully passed owing to value true passed as the third argument (status).