Live Debugging of Appium Tests
You can now Debug your Appium tests using the new Live Debugging feature.
Use the Object Spy to interact with the device during the execution of Appium tests.
Put a breakpoint in your test and investigate issues by fetching the dump and interact with the device mid-test.
Accessibility Testing Mode for projects
You can now configure a project to be an accessibility project.
VoiceOver will be turned and the Accessibility tab will be open automatically as soon as the session starts so you can immediately start your accessibility testing.
To configure a project to be an accessibility project please visit Projects Management (accessible only to Cloud admins).
iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
We have added support for the brand new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
- iOS 14.1, iOS 14.2
- Android 11
- Firefox: 82 (83 beta)
- Edge: 86 (87 beta)
- Safari: 13.1.1
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android Devices
- Android 5.1 and above
- Android 5.1 and above
- iOS Devices:
- iOS 11.4.1
- iOS 12.3.x, iOS 12.4.x
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
Important Note for iOS
As Apple continuously provides bug fixes for minor versions and according to market share data, it is recommended to update to the latest version for each major release.
For example, for iOS 13, we recommend updating devices with the older iOS 13.x to the newer iOS 13.7.
Additional New Features
Web Studio - Support app launch with fingerprint mocking - Set the Mock authentication reply and launch your app from the application manager to support applications requiring Mock codes to be sent during the launch of the application.
Appium Server - Support dontGoHomeOnQuit - Use dontGoHomeOnQuit capability to prevent the app from sending you to the home screen at the end of your live debugging session
Appium Server - Support installOnlyForUpdate - Use installOnlyForUpdate capability to prevent the installation of the app if it is already installed on the device. Using this capability can save execution time by not installing your app if it is already installed.
Appium Server - Support releaseDevice - When releaseDevice capability is set to false, the reservation the user has will be kept after executing driver.quit(); to allow the following tests to use the same reservation
Appium Server - Show live executed command on the Execution page - You can now see the executed command on the Execution page of your lab for Appium server executions
Appium Server - Use future reservation in order to reserve device between tests (SeeTest Grid compatibility) - Device will still be reserved between sessions in case it is reserved for that user, without using "releaseDevice=false" capability.
Mobile Execution - Show Meaningful exception in case the test terminated because the reservation ended
Notes and Known Issues
- Please review the updated System Requirements.
- Selenium Agents on mac OS must be restarted after upgrading to 20.9.
- Starting version 20.8, old Edge browsers (not chromium-based), will no longer be supported for desktop-browser testing.
- In case you would like to support Appium Server open source in your cloud, please contact email@example.com
- Custom message for Locked users - Allow to set custom message for locked users, the message can include links, contacts and instructions to follow,
please see Set custom message for Failed To Login screen.
- Users Management Rest API- Cloud Admin can create users with 2FA (two factor authentication) enforcement using the Rest API,
please see Users Rest API
- Applications Management - Cloud admin can configure if users are able to download applications from the SeeTest platform,
please see Project Resources
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Selenium Agent - Support data (application.properties) contains proxy password - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Support data (log files) contains the proxy password - Fixed
Selenium Agent - Windows - Experiusers not getting added to RDP access group on a non-English language machine - Fixed
- Selenium Agent - Windows - Backslash from proxy username gets removed in application properties file - Fixed
- STAW / Grid - Running Appium scripts using the same Acceskey from different environments with generic device query does not pick different available device - Fixed
- Web Studios - Added skins for Note 20, Pixel 4a, and iPhone 12
- Appium Grid - findElements will return only elements matching the element.visibility.level value
- Appium Grid - Introduce enable.appium.grid.cache property
- Android - handle DEX 64k app limit when trying to instrument application - Fixed
- Android 10 - getLocation() fails - Fixed
- UI/UX Improvement - filters list popup are sort ascending (Application and Devices pages)
- Devices page - Devices status was not changed automatically after device was released - Fixed
- Devices page - grid view keeps flickering when trying to scroll down - Fixed
Next Release and Important Announcements
- Due date*: 30.11.2020 or prior to
- Starting version 20.10 (October 2020), we will support iOS 11.4.1 and above.
*Please note that the due date and highlights of the next release are as anticipated by Experitest on the date of release of the current version, and are forward-looking statements. Actual due dates and highlights may vary.
Additional Resources and Notifications
- On-Demand Webinar - "Create the Perfect App: Continuously Integrate, Test and Deliver" - to watch the recording click here
- Digital.ai and Forrester On-Demand Webinar "The Future of Testing: Smarter and Adaptable" - to watch the recording click here
- Blog Post- "The best methodologies for Agile VSM and Continuous Testing" - read here
- No labels